“Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere.”*
– Van Wilder. From a movie
“The hardest frost could not touch a sunny disposition.”*
“I knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh. But I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry.”*
“Take your chances as they come, they come far and few, because you never know when your chance will become your loss and someone else's gain.”*
– My mother.
“A suggestion is only useful if you put it to use.”*
– My teacher at Franklin High Stockton.
“Life's a dance you learn as you go. Sometimes you lead sometimes you follow. Don't worry about what you don't know, 'cause life's a dance you learn as you go.”*
– John Michael Montgomery. From his greatest hits cd.
“Everyone is made up of water. You'll always evaporate out of problems and move on.”*
– From a book.
“Hold fast to dreams. For if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly. Hold fast to dreams. For when they go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.”*
– Langston Hughes (1902-1967). American writer, known for the use of jazz and black folk rhythms in his poetry.
“My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am!”*
“A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step.”*
– Chinese proverb.
“Don't become anything you can't stand.”*
– My JROTC instructor.
“As you get older you will gain a bit more control over everything. Don't let anyone, even your parents, break you. Find good people who care about you and surround yourself with just them. If you can't find them at first, find good music and fall into it, let it hold you until they come.”*
– Davey Havok, singer of AFI.
“If you can't win, make the one in front of you break the record.”*
“Time is the most valuable coin you have and you only get to spend it once." Think about how you spend it.”*
– Carl Sandburg (1878-1967). American poet and biographer, known for his unrhymed free verse which uses precise and vivid images to portray the energy and brutality of American urban industrial life.
“In my mind I can see your face, as your love pours down in a shower of grace. Some people tell me that you're just a dream, but my faith is the evidence of things unseen.”*
– DC Talk. Christian rap group whose works feature testimonies of revolutionaries who took a stand for Christ against the culture of their day.